Daily Delawhere – 5/19/21

The Cook-Simms House, Jacobs House, and Jacob and Obidiah Dingee Houses, were built between 1748 and 1778. Photo by @thedailyantiquarian

Delaware politics from a liberal, progressive and Democratic perspective. Keep Delaware Blue.

2 comments on “Daily Delawhere – 5/19/21

  1. This is actually the Thomas Coxe House on the Delaware Historical Society’s Willingtown Square in Wilmington, built in 1801. Along with the other houses mentioned in the caption, it was moved to the 500 block of North Market Street in 1976 to save it from demolition.

    • The Coxe House is about to become the home of the Jewish Historical Society of Delaware, under a long-term lease with the Delaware Historical Society (JHSD collections are currently housed in the DHS library). The original address was 107-109 East 6th Street.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: