A coalition of labor, grassroots, and business groups are hosting a press conference on Wednesday, May 19th at 11 am in support of increasing Delaware’s minimum wage to $15 an hour. The event will be hosted by Daisy Cruz, District Leader of SEIU 32BJ, and speakers include State Senator and sponsor of the legislation, Jack Walsh, Jim Maravelias, President of the AFL CIO, and Ravi Goel, Managing Partner and Cofounder of Even & Odd Minds in Wilmington among others.
The Press Conference will take place on Zoom, and you have to click on the following link to register and join the conference:
Other people and organizations taking part are as follows:
- State Representative Gerald Brady
- David Cooper, Senior Economic Analyst of Economic Policy Institute
- Alissa Barron-Menza, Vice President, Business for a Fair Minimum Wage
- Reverend Lyle Dykstra
- Daisy Cruz, District Leader of SEIU 32BJ
- Delaware Working Families Party
- United Food & Commercial Workers Local 27
- SEIU 32BJ
- Business for a Fair Minimum Wage.