The old New Castle County Courthouse, and old state house, on Delaware Street in New Castle. The central portion of the building was built in 1731, replacing a courthouse from 1689 burnt by an escaping prisoner. The east wing, on the right, was added in 1765, and was expanded in 1802. The two steps up on the stringcourse of the main central block are noticeable from this angle. At the southeast corner of the terrace, grooves in the stone show where shad fishermen would sit and sharpen their knives on slow days.
Photo by xzmattzx.