The Old State House, on The Green in Dover. The state house was built from 1787 to 1792. It became Delaware’s capitol building upon completion, after the capital moved from New Castle in 1777. The state house was updated in 1873, after the county moved out of the building, with a mansard roof. The state house was restored to its Georgian style from 1909 to 1912, but there was no concern for true historical accuracy. The state legislature moved out in 1933, ending the longest continuous run of a state capitol building in the nation. Photo by xzmattzx.