The old New Castle County Courthouse in New Castle is one such place. The courthouse was built in 1731, with wings added in 1765 and 1845.
It functioned as the state house until 1777, and as the county courthouse until 1881.
The flags of the United States, Great Britain, Sweden, and the Netherlands fly from the balcony. They signify the nations that held the land that is Delaware.
Photo by xzmattzx.
0 comments on “Daily Delawhere – 7/6/2019”