Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America will be hosting a rally outside Legislative Hall on the East Side Steps today at 12:30 pm. The rally will feature supportive lawmakers, advocates, local students, and survivors of mass shootings, all speaking in support of common-sense legislation that will help reduce gun violence in Delaware.
That legislation will include a ban on the manufacture, sale and purchase of assault weapons designed quickly to inflict large numbers of casualties; restrictions on high-capacity magazines, which combined with assault weapons, have been used in the five deadliest mass shooting incidents over the past decade and a bill that would require a permit for all firearm purchases to help keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and others prohibited from owning such weapons.
The speakers at the rally are as follows:
- Sarah Stowens and Meghan Walls, Moms Demand Action
- Students Wyatt Patterson and Avery Jones
- Human Rights Campaign Press Secretary Sarah McBride
- Survivors Megan O’Donnell Clements and the Rev. Vicky Gordy-Stith
- Delaware Attorney General Kathleen Jennings
- Rep. Valerie Longhurst, D-Bear
- Sen. Bryan Townsend, D-Newark/Bear
- Sen. David Sokola, D-Newark
- Sen. Laura Sturgeon, D-Brandywine