New Castle Town Hall, on Delaware Street in New Castle. The town hall was built in 1823, utilizing the head house format common in England. Another head house, circa 1805, still stands in Philadelphia, indicating the connection New Castle had with Philadelphia at the time. Market stalls, located behind the building, were accessed via the arch. The cupola is considered one of the best in Delaware. Photo by xzmattzx.