The Harbor of Refuge is a 8040-foot long breakwater in Delaware Bay off the coast of Lewes that was used to protect ships from storms, after the original breakwater closer to shore silted up. The breakwater was completed in 1901. The steel caisson lighthouse was built in 1926, and still functions as a marker for the breakwater. The lighthouse is best seen from Cape Henlopen State Park. Photo by xzmattzx.