Daugherty Hall, on Main Street in Newark. The University of Delaware building was originally the First Presbyterian Church, and was completed in 1871. When the congregation moved about a mile west on Main Street, near Newark Country Club, the university took over the church for use as a student center and dining facility. It is now used as study space. Photo by xzmattzx.