Irish immigrants in Delaware typically lived in tenant housing like this, off of New Bridge Road in Henry Clay Village, in the 1800s. This row of houses, Walker’s Bank, was built in 1814 for workers of the nearby mills, such as Walker’s Mill in the background. Very few examples of tenant housing exist anymore in Henry Clay Village. Photo by xzmattzx.
Is this place still on the chopping block?