The Old State House, on The Green in Dover. The state house was built between 1787 and 1792, and it served as the capitol of Delaware from 1792 to 1932. It also served as the Kent County Courthouse from 1792 until 1873. When it was replaced in 1933, it was the oldest completed state house in active use. Photo by xzmattzx.