St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, at 2nd & Market Streets in Lewes. The church was built in 1858, and was designed by noted architect Samuel Sloan, and his partner John Stewart. The original plans were for a frame church, like the 1808 church this one replaced. The original Sussex County Courthouse, from 1740, was on the same lot, and was demolished in 1833 after the county seat was moved to Georgetown in 1792.
0 comments on “The Daily Delawhere for September 13, 2017”