The Daily Delawhere for September 12, 2017

The Harbor of Refuge Lighthouse, on the Harbor of Refuge breakwater in Delaware Bay, near Lewes. The steel caisson lighthouse was built in 1926 to replace an earlier lighthouse from 1908. The lighthouse largely replaced the Cape Henlopen Light, one of the first lighthouses in the United States, and eventually tumbled into the sea around when this light went into service. The Harbor of Refuge breakwater was built between 1897 and 1901, and provided shelter for ships in even deeper water than the first breakwater nearby, which had silted in some.

Delaware politics from a liberal, progressive and Democratic perspective. Keep Delaware Blue.

0 comments on “The Daily Delawhere for September 12, 2017

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: