St. Anthony of Padua Roman Catholic Church, at 9th & Dupont Streets in Wilmington‘s Little Italy. The church was built beginning in 1925, and was used by the congregation in 1926. But since the church was built by hand by the Italian parishioners, who utilized their stoneworking skills, it took decades to complete. The campanile was finished in 1937, and the church was completed in 1948 when the barrel vault ceiling was finished.
0 comments on “The Daily Delawhere for May 19, 2017”