So… this happened.
I was just asked to balance a Binary Search Tree by JFK’s airport immigration. Welcome to America.
Crazy, no? Anyone think, for one hot second, that the CBP officers would actually know if his answers were correct? Me neither.
There are so many things wrong with this, I’m just going to resort to bullet points:
- Nigeria is not on the travel ban list.
- The travel ban list is unconstitutional.
- Omin had a valid visa.
- Visas don’t become “less valid” based on the color of your skin.
- This would never happen to a white person, from anywhere.
- This would never happen to a white software engineer.
- This is a new jack literacy test.
- Literacy tests are unconstitutional.
- Have you ever flown from Nigeria to JFK? I have. It’s a long flight. If you ask me to name my children after that flight, there’s only a 50% chance I’d get it right.
- CBP IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO MAKE THIS S**T UP AS THEY GO ALONG.
Welcome to Trump’s Amerika!